The company store served Whitesbog’s residents and workers from 1899 until the late 1960s. In 1924, in order to accommodate need for more space as well as a post office, Whitesbog moved the building around the corner, next to the water tower and pump house, and built the larger store that you see today.
What we sell at Whitesbog General Store
Whitesbog’s General Store carries many unique items. Food items reflect our history as a center of cranberry and blueberry cultivation. We feature blueberry and cranberry preserves, marmalade, honey and assorted candies.
We showcase artisan items handcrafted by locals of the New Jersey Pine Barrens. Items include: aprons, knitted and crocheted items, painted gourds, paintings, pottery, jewelry and toys. Since they are not mass produced, many of them are one-of-a-kind. Selection varies.
We also have a nice selection of Pine Barrens-themed books, including books on the Jersey Devil and the history of the Pine Barrens. We also feature our collectible t-shirts showcasing the Jersey Devil and our annual Blueberry Festival. If you missed the blueberry festival, you can still add to your collection of Blueberry Festival t-shirts.
Our signature items include 24 oz. jars of our preserves, marmalades and honey:
• Blueberry Preserves
• Black and Blue Preserves (a blend of seedless blackberries and blueberries)
• Whole Blueberry Fruit Spread (juice-sweetened, suitable for sugar restricted diets)
• Strawberry Cranberry Preserves
• Orange Cranberry Marmalade
• Blueberry blossom honey
• Cranberry blossom honey
Candy items include:
• Dark or milk chocolate covered cranberries
• Dark or milk chocolate covered blueberries
• Bog Frogs, as featured on the Food Network (cranberries, caramel and cashews covered in milk chocolate)
• Dark or milk chocolate cranberry and almond bars
Books and DVDs include:
• Voices of Whitesbog – DVD of recordings of former residents of Historic Whitesbog
• People of the Pines – book
• Seasons of the Pines
• Whitesbog Blueberry – a unique booklet featuring the history of the blueberry, which is the New Jersey state fruit and which got its start at Whitesbog in 1911.
• The 2011 Blueberry Festival T-shirt
• The 2013 Blueberry Festival T-shirt
• The 2014 Blueberry Festival T-shirt
• Vintage 2009 Pinelands Discovery Festival T-shirt
• Tru-Blu Berries commemorative T-shirt celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the successful cultivation of the blueberry at Whitesbog Village
(Sizes include adult small, medium, large, x-large and xx-large, but quantities are limited.)
Gift baskets – assembled on request for that special gift for your loved ones and friends
Seasonal Specials – check our site for specials and clearance items. Items vary.
New Arrivals – We are constantly on the lookout for new items.
Check back to our site often, as we will list new items as soon as they arrive.
Whitesbog General Store Policies:
• Sales of all food items are final.
• Clothing items may be exchanged for another size or design as long as they are returned in original condition.
• Whitesbog Preservation Trust is a not-for-profit organization devoted to raising funds for the preservation and interpretation of Historic Whitesbog Village and cannot refund postage on returned items.
• Prices do not include shipping costs. All items will be shipped insured by the most economical means possible, unless you specify express shipping.
In November 1923, when blueberry correspondence and advertisement created sufficient mail volume for a third class office, the post office opened; it continued to function until January 1957.
The Whitesbog Preservation Trust has since refurbished the store, and it is currently open on the weekends as a general store, selling foods and trinkets that reflect Whitesbog cranberry culture.