Whitesbog's recently renovated trails are open from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year as part of Brendan T. Byrne state forest.
Our trails offer a great place to walk, hike, bike, and explore, as well as birdwatch and other outdoor activities. Our gardens and trails host many of the Pine Barren's natural fauna, including:
- Ferns such as the Royal Fern and the Cinnamon Fern
- St Andrews Cross, Lily of the Valley, Pink Lady Slipper, Chokeberry, Mountain Laurel
- Pine Barrens Tree Frog, Cricket Frogs, Spring Peppers and Fowler Toads
- Buck Moth, Rosy Maple Moth, Io Moth, Luna Moth, Monarch Butterfly, Blue Azure Butterfly
- Egrets, Hummingbirds, Titmouse, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Whip-or-Whil, Heron, Red-Tailed Hawk, Tundra Swans
An interactive map of our trails is available On HikingProject Here .