- Regularly scheduled tours of Whitesbog, the Village museums, and Elizabeth White’s gardens occur monthly as posted on our Calendar of Events page. (The guided tours of the Village and museums occur at 1pm on the first Saturday of each month; check the calendar for details and pricing.) We also offer Moonlight Walks (see below) each month. Specialty tours for groups may be arranged by reservation. As a volunteer organization, tour guides or docents may be at Whitesbog and available for discussion or impromptu tours on Saturdays or Sundays. Please call ahead to ensure availability.
- The Whitesbog Cranberry & Blueberry Museum focuses on the farm tools and machinery, vehicles and other equipment used in the cranberry and blueberry industries.
- Suningive, Elizabeth’s historic home, garden & blueberry test fields. The General Store is a fine example of an old time Company Store. Reservations requested.
- Cranberry Harvest: In the quiet of the South Jersey Pine Barrens, a tradition of over 150 years takes place each October: the cranberry harvest. Fifth-generation cranberry growers Joe and Brenda invite you to get an up-close and personal tour of the harvest at Whitesbog farm, which was founded by Joe’s ancestors. Click here for tour details. Please also feel free to call 888-CRANBOG (888-272-6264) for information and to purchase tickets.
- Moonlight Walks: These interpreted nature walks take place on the Saturday closest to the full moon each month (consult our calendar for actual dates and fees). Starting at 7:00pm at the General Store, the walk is between three and five miles in length and led by experienced guides. Participants learn all about the history of the Village, cranberry and blueberry farming, and Pine Barrens flora and fauna; and enjoy some stargazing while listening to the night sounds of the pines. Reservations requested.
- Nature Walks: Learn about the diversity of habitat and wildlife of the Pine Barrens within Whitesbog’s 3,000 acres. Experienced guides will take you on a journey to discover the wonders of nature. Reservations requested.
- Garden Tours: Elizabeth White’s Suningive gardens were widely known. You may enjoy the gardens on your own, or be part of a Village Tour that includes not just the gardens but Suningive as well. Consult our Calendar of Events for the Emerging Plant Nature Walk and Suningive Gardens Tour. Reservations requested.
- Holiday Tours: Whitesbog Historic Village Holiday Tours
As a volunteer organization, tour guides or docents may be at Whitesbog and available for discussion for imprompt tours on Saturdays and Sundays.
Group Tours are available through prior communication. Among our range of knowledge is Whitesbog history, Museum tours, plants, insects, wildlife, agriculture industries, and more!
For more information or to scheudle a tour with one of our guides, please call us at (609) 893-4646 or email us at whitesbogpreservationtrust@