Details for most of the following–including dates and prices of tours–can be found at the Calendar of Events.
Living History Tours: Meet some of the people of Whitesbog. Historical interpreters will bring to life J.J. White, Elizabeth Coleman White, Dr. Frederick Coville, and Charles Beckwith to give you the history of Whitesbog and their roles in the Cranberry and Blueberry Industries. Suningive (Elizabeth White’s historic home) and the Cranberry Research Substation will be open. Reservations requested.
Seasonal Programs: Each season offers different opportunities to visit Whitesbog Village.
- March heralds spring with the Pinelands Short Course, produced by New Jersey Pinelands Commission and Burlington County College with programs at Whitesbog.
- April and May feature Nature walks and Garden/Native Plant Tours.
- June celebrates the blueberry with the Annual Whitesbog Blueberry Festival, where visitors can celebrate all things blueberry. Enjoy blueberry picking, live country music, children’s activities, exhibits, great food, historical presentations and tours, Pinelands artists and crafters, a blueberry pie eating contests, and much more.
- September and October offer cranberry industry lectures and Living History Tours. Weather conditions and the harvest schedule permitting, visitors can view a modern wet harvest and learn about the history and cultivation of cranberries in New Jersey, and then tour historic Whitesbog Village with Joseph J. White, Elizabeth Coleman White, and Charles Beckwith, played by historical interpreters. Reservations requested.
- October also features Pinelands Discovery Day. Learn about the history, ecology, and unique culture of the Pinelands. Crafters, artists, exhibits, wagon rides, food, and music are part of the festivities. Cranberry baked goods will be on sale. Start your Holiday shopping early at the General Store.
- December brings the Winter Celebration for children. Events include a nature walk, candy-cane hunt, arts and crafts, and photos with Santa. Parents can have a good time, too. Pick up last-minute holiday gifts at the General Store. Reservations requested.